29 May 2013

Author Interview - Ashley Nemer!




Please welcome Author Ashley Nemer with us today as I interview her!


1. Have you always had a passion for writing?

Yes I have – it started at a young age and it’s something that has always been a part of my being.

2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books?

I don’t think there is a way to get out of having what you read influence you, even if it’s just to say, ‘I don’t want to do it like this’ for something particular. My favorite authors are Tami Hoag, Catherine Coulter, Kay Hooper and Nora Roberts.

3. What are your biggest inspirations?

Music. Eminem in particular.

4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings?

No they really just pop into my head. Sometimes its while talking with a certain friend at the time and then that character tends to have traits that take after that person who inspired it. But in reality, when I start a project, I have no idea what I’m getting into.

5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces?

See #3. My play list is about 8 hours long for writing only.

6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block?

My husband motivates me along with my Beta’s and friends. They really keep me going with ideas and keep the juices alive.

7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?)

No changes on outlook on life … except maybe now everything is up for grabs to be used in one of my masterpieces, lol.

8. What are your biggest challenges as an author?

Grammar.

9. Do you have any pets?

I have a turtle named Mikey, after the Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles. He is a red-eyed slider. I have two dogs, Toto and Doogie. Cairne Terriers.

10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing?

Movies with the hubby. We used to camp all the time so we are going to try to get back into that.

11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world?

Nassau Bahamas’ for my high school graduation gift.

12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work…

Maverick Touch: The Cat. Think April O’neal (from TMNT) Meets Dexter. She is a sassy reporter who has loads of trouble follow her. Here’s the blurb.



Reporter Nadia Maverick takes an adventure through the underbelly of her town where she discovers that even the criminal life she had been reporting on isn't quite like it seemed. Things turn bad for Nadia when in the middle of an investigation the tables are turned and she becomes the one under the watchful eye of Mr. A. Everyone becomes a suspect when Nadia turns up missing. Who will be there to set her free? Read and see.

You can find it here at Amazon or here at Createspace!

No comments:

Post a Comment