8 May 2013

Author Interview - Mary Wehr




Please to welcome Author Mary Wehr here today!


1. Have you always had a passion for writing? 

Yes, I believe I did. When I was a kid I’d always think up stories in my head. They always had a HEA 

2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books?


I’m so used to reading stories with Alpha hero’s and sassy heroines so my stories have the same type of characters. I always look forward to reading books by Maya Banks, Shayla Black, Cara Bristol, Renee Rose, Sandra Hill. And that’s just mentioning a few.

3. What are your biggest inspirations? 

Bringing a smile to a readers face. Without readers writing wouldn’t be worth it.

4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings? 

I stay in my own back yard which is Northeastern, Pennsylvania. Love can happen anywhere. It doesn’t have to be in a romantic expensive setting.

5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces? 

I usually have the TV on low. LOL, that drives my hubs nuts.

6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block? 

I do get writers block a lot. I walk away from the computer for a while and attack the house in a cleaning frenzy or, if the weather is nice I go for a walk.

7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?) 

I really don’t feel any different. Writing a story takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I have a new found respect for authors.

8. What are your biggest challenges as an author? 

I need to remember that ideas come to me better if I don’t think as hard about what my next story will be about.

9. Do you have any pets? 

LOL, inside the house I have a dove. He’s 13 yrs old and I also have a guinea pig. Outside, there are all kinds of critters I feed. Squirrels, chipmunks, birds and deer. I love animals.

10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing? 

I love to bake and make candy. I also love being outside and doing yard work. LOL, I’d rather cut the grass than do laundry.
11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world? 

I don’t like to travel far from home, but after I graduated high school I went to California and the highlight of the trip was Disneyland.

12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work… 


‘A Heart’s Endeavor’ is my first published novella. I tackled the subject of depression and the affects it can have on a person. After seventeen years of marriage my heroine is diagnosed with depression and her husband turns verbally abusive. He makes her feel worthless and treats her as if she was a mental case just because she needs medication to keep her illness and panic attacks under control. After his death she vows to pick up the pieces of her life and never trust her heart to another man. But, she doesn’t expect state trooper Jack Horan to pop into her life. He turns out to be totally different and throws her for a loop.



You can pick up Mary's book A Heart's Endeavor at the following places:





All Romance 


Contact links: 

Share some laughs. Connect with Mary on:

No comments:

Post a Comment