22 May 2013

Author Interview: Tracey Steinbach



Please welcome Author Tracey Steinbach!

1. Have you always had a passion for writing? 

No, I was an avid reader. I still am. When I was in school, I hated writing essays, reports and the like.

2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books? 

Not usually. Sometimes it will inspire me to write, but not what I write. I love reading, so I have many, many favorite authors. My favorite well-known authors include Nora Roberts, Johanna Lindsey, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Laurell K. Hamilton. I love Johanna Rae, LS Broomfield, Tymber Dalton, Stormy Glenn and A.L. Kessler. 

3. What are your biggest inspirations? 

Music, movies and my active imagination.

4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings? 

I see the characters and the settings in my head, so no.

5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces? 

Sometimes I do and sometimes the television is playing. I seem to do my best writing in the garage while my husband is working on a vehicle.

6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block? 

Writer’s block is unavoidable, in my opinion. To stay motivated, I take reading breaks. My TBR list is loooooong. Compliments and encouragement go a long way to motivate me. I know everyone says this but I have THE best friends ever. They boost me up, they listen, or they kick me in the butt if I need it.

7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?) 

It hasn’t, not really. It’s not as easy as I’d hoped it would be. Editing and writer’s block stink. 

8. What are your biggest challenges as an author?

Time is one of the biggest challenges I face. With kids, a full-time job outside the home and a husband that actually likes talking to me, there aren’t enough hours in a day. 

9. Do you have any pets? 

No pets.

10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing? 

Watching movies, listening to music, NHRA Drag Racing.

11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world? 

My own home. In any given day, there is drama, comedy, action and adventure. There is romance, teen angst, self-discovery and laughter. I’ve been as far north as Grand Rapids Michigan, as far west as St. Louis, as far east as New Jersey and I’ve been to Florida. I’ve marched on the Silverdome field in Detroit and on the field in the RCA (formerly the Hoosier Dome) Dome in Indianapolis. 

12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work…

I have a new series, Heroes of Trasco County, coming in July. The first book, more of a short story, is called Libby’s Fireman. I’m currently working on writing book 2. It’ll be my first ménage.


Miranda works for the arrogant vampire, Matthias. She lives in a wing of his home so she can be at his beck and call whenever the mood strikes him. Matthias knows that Miranda is his mate but he has no desire to bind himself to a human, fall in love and watch her die, so he keeps his distance. When Miranda asks for a Christmas Tree for the house, he reluctantly agrees. Miranda has an accident before she can get the tree, though and he uses their bond to rescue her.

After Matthias is shot, Miranda must let Matthias feed to regain his strength and possibly save his life. This bonds them closer together. He gives up the fight and throws himself into winning her over. The first thing on his list? Her Christmas Tree.


You can find Tracey here: 

2 comments: