21 August 2013

Author Interview - Keely Myers!



This week we have Author Keely Myers in the hot seat!

1. Have you always had a passion for writing?

a. Yes, always. I think that ever since, 6th grade, I've always dabbled in writing. It was all the writing assignments that we were given. Anything I've written during my school days I still have. Even things from when I was little. I think I have enough short storys and poems to make a little book.

2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books?

a. Some of the books that I read, can influence me. But the textbooks and movies also influence me. I do have my own way of creating ideas. My favorite authors include, Debbi Macomber, Sherrilynn Kenyon and Christine Feehan.

3. What are your biggest inspirations?

a. My mom. My friends. My dreams.

4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings?

a. No. Whatever comes to me comes and it flows out of my fingers and creates..
5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces?

a. Some times, yes. When I do I listen to a verity of things.

6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block?

a. I try to just emerse myself in what I'm working on. When writer's block does hit, it hits hard and some times it takes a bit for my muse to start working.

7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?)

a. I'm not yet published, but I hope in the future that I become published. It's one of my biggest dreams.

8. What are your biggest challenges as an author?

a. Deciding what to write and how to write it.

9. Do you have any pets?

a. I had some pets, but they both passed away.

10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing?

a. I knit and crochet.

11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world?

a. I've never been outside of the United States, but one of the most memorable places I've ever been to is Connecticut. It's where my mother's family is, and the history of my family.

12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work…

a. My latest work is about a mail order bride who goes west to meet and marry a man she's never known or met, because she's unhappy with her current life in high society.

You can find Keely here:

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keely-Myers/207468625937392

Tumblr Page: http://keelymyers.tumblr.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PNKeelyMyers

No comments:

Post a Comment