5 March 2014

Author Interview - KR Brown


Welcome KR Brown to the blog today for this weeks interview!


1. Have you always had a passion for writing? 

Yes I have always loved to write; even when I was young I would tell stories to people. Didn’t really matter at the time if they made sense.

2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books? 

I believe it has in so many ways, I never dreamed I would write romance/Erotica.

3. What are your biggest inspirations? 

I would have to say Cheyenne McCray and Christina Dodd

4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings? 

I am as many other authors call me a seat of my pants writer. I don’t really like to make a huge outline for my characters, they just come to me a and talk. (Sounds kinda crazy right.)

5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces? 

Yes I love to listen to music while I write. Normally I listen to goth roc such as Within temptation.

6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block? 

Step away from writing for a little while. I know that sounds nuts but it is how I do it. It doesn’t always work however you still get that character that doesn’t seem to want to work out.

7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? 

I can say that it is amazing to have people reading my work but it isn’t really what I expected. So much more work then I dreamed. Also the cost for writing is much higher. BUT I wouldn’t change a thing!

8. What are your biggest challenges as an author? 

Getting fans that will stick with you through a series of books, and reviews. Those are the hardest things.

9. Do you have any pets? 

I have a cat named Draco! A huge orange tabby cat, he appears on my webpage

10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing? 

Crafts, I love to work with my hands.

11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world? 

I haven’t really been anyplace, but I did get to go to Salem, Mass and loved it.

12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work… 



My last book was named Twisted Brew it is the 4th book to the Twisted Fate series. It follows a witch named Willow who has lived longer than anyone; she has given up on the love that has come back to her over time. Soon she find love again and fears that in the end he will die like all the rest so she pushes him away. Quinn however won’t let it go and fights for his woman. I am also working on the 5th book to this series about a werewolf having his fate dictated to him.

You can fine KR on Facebook, Amazon and Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment