1 May 2014

Author Spotlight - Karina Kantas

Please welcome Karina Kantas to the blog today to share about her books!




Queen of biker fiction: Hard-edged urban thrillers; A New Genre of Fiction
 
Karina Kantas felt there was a hole missing in the book market. As a teenager she wanted to read hard-edged novels. A story that contained violence, drugs, as well as the romance and friendship.
"I believe that this genre of fiction is still needed today. Readers want conflict, action. They enjoy rebel-type fiction; and want to sympathize with the characters in the story. I know there is a place in the market for this type of book."


I think when I first read this they wrongly put it in the graphic novels section ie comic section. so I was a bit hesitant to read it but I’d gotten the name off the internet as a good read so I read it. it’s amazing. I totally loved the rawness of it. The ending was sad in my opinion though. I think the first time I read it I actually cried!  Review: US

In Times of Violence is Karina's first published novel. 

 
Her second novel Lawless Justice an urban thriller about a group of women biker vigilantes that run Northampton in the UK. Lawless Justice is a fan favourite.

“If you’re sitting in a bar in lower London, and six beautiful women enter dressed in black leather, check out their back as they walk by. If the image of a cat’s paw print is present, sit down, shut up, and respectful enjoy the view. The Kittnz have arrived. These six motorcycle riding felines can either hook you up, or knock you out, your choice. Karina has given us a book that will keep you entertained page after page. The Kittnz, a group of motorcycle riding self-appointed vigilantes, roam the streets of London doing what the cops can't. They serve up Lawless Justice. This is a great book that you will read until you’re finished. Great job Karina!” Review: UK
 
Next came Huntress a sequel to In Times of Violence, but also a book that can stand on its own. This was picked up by a publisher, but is now released back to author.

“This is the second of Karina's books I have read (I read Lawless Justice at the end of last year) and when I get through a few of the books on the shelf (I buy them faster than I read them) I’ll certainly get another. I'm not going to write a review that gives away the story’s ending but generally the book is about a young female journalist who infiltrates an outlaw biker gang to get revenge for her uncle’s murder. It is well written and descriptive, you can almost imagine being there and is the type of book that’s very easy to read and hard to put down. I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future.” Review: UK
 

Her last published thriller is Road Rage.

“First of all I must say that this is not really my normal read but decided to give it a go. I found it gripping. The Story of Gem who leaves a Motorcycle club and the trouble it has brought to her life. She has settled away from it all and leading as normal a life as possible despite from both physical & mental scars from her past. She meets Shep a member of Rage and is drawn into the club with life threatening consequences. A riveting read.” Review: US



 A published writer of exciting new fiction, she has over thirty pieces of work published online and printed journals.
As well as writing exciting urban thrillers, she is a versatile writer of all genres, a past book reviewer for Future Fire and also a freelance journalist for several magazines.
 
Heads & Tales is a collection of short stories that will delight fright and leave you questioning your sanity. Her short story Crossed from the collection Heads & Tales won first prize in an international short story contest.

Stone Cold is a YA supernatural thriller

Karina has just released her new collection UNDRESSED.

Currently she is working on a two- book fantasy series called Illusional Reality.
 

All her books can be bought in either paperback or e-book format.


No comments:

Post a Comment